AmericasMart in Atlanta this past week was packed with Interior Designers and their clients from all across the Country. It was wonderful to feel the energy and hear the excitement among the attendees about the upcoming year of design. It was also a lot of fun learning that Nashville, my home town, is apparently the new “it” city – so crazy. While trying to stay focused amidst all the jewelry, furs, clothes, AND furnishings, I talked with several vendors and noticed a few trends for this year, which I am excited to share with you!
(1) Numbers and Letters used to personalize your home:
(2) The use of hyde on curtains, pillows, furniture, and lamp shades. Hyde can be used in a traditional or more modern space very easily.
(3) Acrylic furniture, lighting and accessories used with rope, leather and hyde. I even saw antlers made of acrylic.
(4) Recycled and reused woods and metals were seen in several applications, not only on walls but on headboards, in lighting and furniture.
(5) Owls are still very popular in all aspects of design. Also animals heads, such as deer and rhinoceros, are used mounted on walls in all sizes out of several varieties of materials.
(6) Materials from metal flowers, wire circles, and ceramics were used as wall art, making a stunning wall display.
I hope you enjoy some of the images from Market and you try something new in your home to make you more comfortable, more peaceful, or just plain happy.